- Made in Australia from a strong ultra lightweight octagonal netting
- Use them again and again, dramatically reducing your use of throwaway polythene bags
- Each bag holds up to 3 kg of produce
- Netting bags are see-through so produce remains visible at the checkout and in the fridge
- Time saving – Wash, drain, store your veggies without removing from the bag.
- Netting allows for the vegetables to breath in Fridge. Water is not trapped against the surface of the produce, dramatically reducing the instance of vegetables rotting in the crisper. Best results are achieved in combination with a crisper liner
- Minimal packaging
Using your Sava Produce Bags
- Take them with them while you are shopping. Use them instead of polythene produce bags.
- When home, rinse your produce still inside the bags* (washing removes the bacteria microbes and chemical residues) and set them to drain/dry on the drying rack or a tea towel on the bench.
- When air dry put your produce still in the bags, into the clean crisper draw lined with a crisper liner (best) or paper towels.
- To maintain your bags between shops, wash in the kitchen sink in warm soapy water. Rinse & hang out to dry in the sun if possible, and store them with your shopping bags for your next visit to the market/supermarket.
How you are contributing to the environment:
When you use SAVA Produce Bags you will be saving 416 bags from entering the waste stream each year**. This saves 416 bags per year from ending up in the ocean to be ingested by marine life, or ending up in landfill). When the animal who has ingested polythene particles decomposes, the plastic remains in the ocean ready to do harm again.
* Some veggies are best off not being washed prior to storage. See our Vegetable Storage sheet here.
** Based on a household using 8 polythene bags per week (Most people use more than this)